… In a good way. Let’s get the smog report out of the way first. Yep. It’s hazy. I saw the sun, way up there, but overall the place is blanketed by a fug. Not to be an apologist, but I’ve seen worse near the Vince Lombardi Rest Stop on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- No traffic. The even-odd car restrictions are working.
- Olympic VIP lanes zip things right along … if you’re on Olympic business.
- Trees. Tons of trees. The landscaping effort is astonishing. Sprinkers blasting away.
- Clean. Nary a speck of litter
- Security — pretty tight getting into my hotel, into the health club, etc.Lot of citizen “deputies”
Cross-eyed with jet-lag. To bed.
0 thoughts on “Beijing is unrecognizable …”
Seems like a city of stark contrasts!
and what about dinner: scorpions on a stick, stirfried silk worms? Mystery vegetables and snake spleens?
have a great trip bubbi!
I think Lenovo might be wanting to use the Brazilian synchro-swimming twins Bia & Branca Feres in all major marketing ploys. I’m just sayin…