What could be finer?
- There is no wind at 8 am so I am about to go for a pleasant fall scull around the harbor.
- The dogs are frightened and avoiding me because of my bellicose behavior at 1:30 am when J.D. Drew homered to bury the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the second game of the ALDS.
- Hence my new motto, courtesy of Surviving Grady is: “WE ARE THE MOTHERF@#KING BOSTON RED SOX, CHUMPS, AND THOSE WHO OPPOSE US WILL TASTE THE LIGHTNING!”
- I am on vacation. Ten days of being and nothingness. It’s time for the Fall Run and I am off to the Great Backside Beach to stand in foamy surf, sling eels into the darkness, and ponder my existence while staring across the Atlantic at Portugal.
- I am going to cook a roti de porc au lait for my dinner tonight.
- Perhaps I shall seek bivalves in the mud later today. Must check tides.
So, whereabouts this coming week? Going nowhere. How to contact me? Don’t. Blog probabilities? Low, except to lie about fish I haven’t caught, and to gloat about the BoSox.
0 thoughts on “Rocktober”
Well, if you haven’t slipped out of Internetville yet for your unwired vacation (a concept I strongly endorse), your double dog mention prompts me to ponder an upcoming dog addition to our household. Our kids have reached the age of dog responsibility so we’ll be getting a canine soon. Any advice? Are 2 dogs better than one? Thanks…and enjoy.
are you going to steam from Tedium to Apathy on your vacation. Oh, I thought Ireland was the next stop across the Atlantic? mebbey we really do live in a cockeyed whirled.
relax and have fun.
Save the eels!
Before you spend time on the water, I just hope you’ve got a nice present for tomorrow.
enjoy the time off. and the moment documented by Surviving Grady with the following:
“F#@KING JD DREW WHOM I LOVE LIKE A BROTHER OR PERHAPS A WOMAN OF QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND AFTER I’VE HAD MANY DRINKS JUST DRIVES A TWO-RUN HOMER OUT OF THE PARK AND THE RED SOX TAKE THE LEAD HOLY SHIT I’VE LOST IT”
i’ll say hey to Fenway for you tomorrow if you grab a few striper for me.