A friend asked me to pass along this job in Woods Hole. Seems like a great summer job for someone into environmental sciences.
Organization: The Coalition for Buzzards Bay, Inc. (CBB)
Salary Range: This seasonal, 35-hour/week position works Tuesday-Saturday and is compensated at $12.00/hr.
Location: Woods Hole, MA
Description: The Summer Outreach Manager will be responsible for staffing and managing The Coalition’s Outreach Office in the village of Woods Hole. This is an exciting opportunity to engage the public around our mission in the epicenter of marine research and education. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintenance of exhibits including saltwater touch tank, groundwater model, kids corner, and computer kiosk.
• Manage small gift shop including providing customer service, sales, and accurate cashiering.
• Interact with visitors and the general public and guide them through the exhibits.
• Articulate the Coalition’s mission and a basic knowledge of the Coalition’s work in response to
inquiries from visitors and members. Training and periodic updates will be provided.
• Open and close the Woods Hole office, perform light cleaning, restocking and answering phone
calls, as well as directing visitors as necessary.
• Manage and support volunteers assisting in outreach at the Center.
• Create, market, and deliver programming options for visitors to the center.
• Support all of CBB’s programs and activities through specific projects as needed.
Requirements: • High school diploma or equivalent required and at least two years of college preferred.
• Ability to interact successfully with a variety of customer and Coalition members.
• Experience with education or outreach and a willingness to learn.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and internet/email required.
• Must be personable, self-motivated, and work independently and as a team.
• Familiarity with Buzzards Bay and Woods Hole a plus.
• Commitment to CBB mission a requirement.
If you’re interested, let me know.