Skip to content
- Hope they say your name before they ask you a question. If they don’t, be completely honest and say “Sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.”
- Set your audible “keyword” filter. Me, whenever the words: “web” “blog” “online” and “interactive” come across, I start paying attention.
- Don’t watch funny video clips or anything with an audio track.
- Use a headset so you don’t nuke your neck.
- Don’t jump into the conversation unless you really need to. You usually will be restating a point that you weren’t listening to. Answer questions only.
- Use instant messaging to other participants to get caught up if you lose the thread.
- Hit mute if you need to visit the bathroom.
- Have no dogs in the room with you. They will always bark when you go off of mute.