There’s an award inside of Lenovo known as the Prometheus Award which is bestowed by the global marketing teams on one of their own — any one from headquarters, geographies or countries — who goes above and beyond, exemplifies the personality of the Lenovo brand, and in general achieves super-hero status as a global colleague and marketer. This isn’t an award made from the top down — but a true recognition by one’s peers. I had nothing to do with this, but I was delighted to be asked this morning to present the award (I made no remarks about Prometheus’ ultimate fate, which involved the daily removal of his liver by an eagle in retribution by the Gods for giving fire to man) to Esteban Agustin Panzeri via teleconference in an all-hands meeting. I figured I’d publicly call him out because he’s a retiring sort of person and needs to blush more:
- Esteban is a blogger. And a good one at that. http://blog.estebanglas.com.ar/
- He built and administers Lenovo’s corporate blogging platform http://www.lenovoblogs.com
- He built our Olympic athlete blogging program: http://summergames.lenovo.com
- He was our primary person working with Google to build our Olympic sponsorship portal on top of iGoogle
- He knows web metrics like few others
- He runs our main Twitter account — @lenovosocial
- He is our primary Web 2.0/Cloud strategist
- He is recognized as a major authority on social media marketing and cloud strategy in South America
- He cares about his work and get things done like few other people I have met in my career. Not since John Moschetto at Forbes.com in 1995, or Mark Cahill at Reel-Time have I met a geek with such a profound, innate sense of what the right thing is in the digital world.
- He tells me when I am full of $hit. Which is frequently.
So, ordinarily I don’t like to get all Lenovo in this blog, but this is one time I needed to acknowledge a colleague and friend who has taught me a ton, driven some huge changes, and, well, is just a great guy to be around.