1. Get really good at Guitar Hero III — highly unlikely given my children seem to have majored in it at college and I have finger cramps and the sense of rhythm associated with lower life forms, like coral and moss.
2. Read a book a day.Â Simple Courage. Decent drama-at-sea tale spoiled by authorial interjections and pedantic etymology digressions. The Enduring Shore lightweight history of Cape Cod and the Island, too early to tell. Blood Meridian, Cormac McCarthy, on deck for tomorrow. After that …. who knows.
3. Erg every day. Except for Xmas and Xmas eve. Not easy with Holiday Challenge incentive past but UBC still before me.
4. Putter. I personify the verb. Move aimlessly but with great industry from one room to another fiddling and fixing stuff.
5. Procrastinate over end-of-year finances.
6. Don’t dwell on the tidal wave of work stuff looming over my head.
7. Make blog lists until New Year’s Eve.
8. Finish off clams dug on Saturday while they are still alive.
9. Go ride car to Rhode Island to sight-see, buy bronze skeg strip for dinghy, eat lunch
10. finish transferring life to new tablet