Next Sunday through Thursday — Oct. 25-29 Lenovo Headquarters in North Carolina
Following week – Nov 1-5 will be in Beijing
So why the silence? Six weeks have transpired since the vitrectomy to reattach my left retina and I have been a little depressed and too challenged vision-wise to do much writing. No gory details — but here’s the state of affairs today:
1. I have double vision. There is a second version of everything pointing down and to the right of the real thing.
2. I have some problems reading as the day goes by and my eye gets tired
3. Due to scar tissue my affected eye has a “pinch” effect where everything is pulled together in the middle of my field of vision. This causes words on a page or screen to compress together into a solid “slug”
How do I cope?
1. Big fonts. I’ve cranked up my screen fonts.
2. Kindle — the font sizer on the Kindle is a great thing for bad eyesight
3. New glasses. I am being fitted with my first spectacles in six years with a prismatic correction to solve the double-vision
4. Eye patch to cut down the confusion.
Prognosis: very good. I have vision where I had none before and I could be looking at a six month wait before things really settle down.
10 thoughts on “Whereabouts and blog silence mea culpa”
I hope your eyes get better quickly.
That sucks! I hope you have a speedy recovery!
I’m sorry Dave & hope the solutions assuage…Something good will come of this!
Sounds awful – hope you heal quickly!
Keep your chin up. You’ve come a long way.
I’m hoping for a very speedy recovery as well…
It sounds as if things are moving in the right direction. I’m hoping the best for you.
I”ve missed your blog posts, David.
What I want to see is a photo of you in an eye patch. What would Capt. Chatfield think?
We’re with you bud. Do what you need to do to get well and see well.
Just finished a conference in a slow industry to accept the new world of marketing but the few I have given you blog address have enjoyed and learned from you posts. thanks. Hope all falls into place soon.