Next Sunday through Thursday — Oct. 25-29 Lenovo Headquarters in North Carolina
Following week – Nov 1-5 will be in Beijing
So why the silence? Six weeks have transpired since the vitrectomy to reattach my left retina and I have been a little depressed and too challenged vision-wise to do much writing. No gory details — but here’s the state of affairs today:
1. I have double vision. There is a second version of everything pointing down and to the right of the real thing.
2. I have some problems reading as the day goes by and my eye gets tired
3. Due to scar tissue my affected eye has a “pinch” effect where everything is pulled together in the middle of my field of vision. This causes words on a page or screen to compress together into a solid “slug”
How do I cope?
1. Big fonts. I’ve cranked up my screen fonts.
2. Kindle — the font sizer on the Kindle is a great thing for bad eyesight
3. New glasses. I am being fitted with my first spectacles in six years with a prismatic correction to solve the double-vision
4. Eye patch to cut down the confusion.
Prognosis: very good. I have vision where I had none before and I could be looking at a six month wait before things really settle down.